We start this episode by discussing what are some of the key skills for Product Owners. David shares that – as the Head of Product Management – he tries to help his people with the following skills:
- Value-driven mindset: solving problems instead of delivering solutions
- Communication: adapting to the different scenarios and knowing how to navigate common situations for software projects
- Empathy: being able to put themselves in the users, as well as stakeholder, and development team’s shoes
- Decision making: Sometimes we don’t have data, but we can’t stop making decisions or the team will be paralysed.
- If you listen to the end of the episode, we share one more (BONUS! 🙂 skill that David helps Product Owners with