In this podcast we explore some of the main highlights from the Scrum Master Summit 2022 with track hosts Kjell de Ruiter and Ari-Pekka Skarp.
We also name the remaining track hosts and the other tracks that you can check out at https://scrummastersummit.org/. Those include:
- Dana Pylayeva, will host the coaching track at the summit, where we explore some of the hard lessons we need to be aware of when adopting coaching in our practice
- Ayodeji Ishola, hosts a track on the state of Agile in the African continent, and will be showcasing talks that address the cultural specific aspects of Agile in Africa
- Mariana Trigo, will have 6 sessions on career advice for Scrum Masters and hiring advice for those hiring Scrum Masters. She’ll have a special focus on how you can get into the Scrum Master role even if you don’t have a tech background.
- Yves Hanoulle, the co-author of the Tips from The trenches audiobook, hosts a track on Hybrid work, very topical now that we have our teams remote most of the time
- Martin von Weissenberg, will share patterns of scaled agile. Not the frameworks we always hear about, but rather practical, down-to-earth advice for specific needs when we scale agile
Accepting and learning to deal with Social Complexity in Agile adoption
Ari-Pekka Skarp hosts the track Social Complexity, Navigating Social Systems. In that track, Ari-Pekka interviews several speakers on some of the key concepts of Complexity at work. These interviews include a Keynote interview with Chris Mowles and an interview with Juho Partanen. Both experts in management and leadership with a Complexity perspective. They shares some of the key lessons Scrum Masters must be aware of, and apply to their work.
In this segment, we talk about the importance of learning to deal with anxiety; how anxiety can drive decision making; how plans are often little more than anxiety reducing tools with little contribution to deliberate decision making.
Learning from academic research and publications
Kjell de Ruiter’s track focuses on highlighting and translating some of the academic research that has direct implications for Agile adoption, and for Scrum Masters. His work is about collecting models and insights from the research that has already been done, but often not shared in the Agile community. Kejll and his guests share how metaphors are critical tools in communication in an interview with Judy Rees, and what we have learned about the state of Agile Coaching at the moment.
And there’s a lot more….
The 2022 edition of the Scrum Master Summit has a lot more to offer, you can check the full program and schedule at https://scrummastersummit.org/. Don’t miss the Scrum Master focused event of the year!
About Kjell de Ruiter and Ari-Pekka Skarp
Ari-Pekka Skarp is Organizational Psychologist, Psychotherapist and Agile Coach. He has extensive experience working on large scale organizational transformations as well as with employee wellbeing in occupational healthcare. His special areas of interest are complexity, compassion and social interactions.
You can link with Ari-Pekka Skarp on LinkedIn and connect with Ari-Pekka Skarp on Twitter.
You can also follow Ari-Pekka Skarp’s Finnish language blog, and Ari-Pekka’s English language blog at Fractal Sauna.
Kjell de Ruiter is an Agile Coach with a long experience in large scale Agile adoption, and an active community facilitator in Agile Finland.
You can link with Kjell de Ruiter on LinkedIn.